If your child is participating in a season C or D sport this year, the online registration system will now ask if they have tested positive for COVID-19 since the start of the school year.
Athletes must complete all COVID-related requirements before they participate in their sports, including pre-season participation.
COVID-19 POSITIVE HISTORY
If your child has tested positive for COVID-19 since August 17, 2020, you must submit a Post-COVID Positive Clearance note from a physician.
· The recommended clearance form has been added to the online registration form under Step 5: Medical Information.
· Notes other than the one provided must explicitly state that your child has tested positive for COVID-19 and is fully cleared to participate in athletics.
· Clearance notes should be emailed to the Athletic Trainer, Josh Yamaguchi at Joshua.email@example.com.
· If your physician will not clear your child, the school district has resources which can help. Please reach out to Josh Yamaguchi if this is the case.
· If your child had tested positive earlier in the school year and has already participated in a sport, we still require the Post-COVID Positive Clearance note for season C or D and completion of return to play (if applicable) as this policy was recently adopted by the school district.
If your child has tested positive since April 9, 2021, your student will also be required to complete a Return to Play protocol for SEASON D sports.. This helps ensure your child does not suffer any cardiovascular complications from COVID-19. This is handled by the Athletic Training Staff.